Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

THE HOLLOW

L.A. Maihi 2012
There seems to be a hollow I have landed in
it is not shallow but I wallow within this hollow

I seem to be surrounded by a mound of dark-glow
where... if I am grounded I would be underneath and surrounded
by what is bound to be an unsolved mystery of a continual quest in history

 
I try to climb out but there is growing doubt that I want to

for in this hollow where I wallow it is very still and very deep

there is a light above but why bother when where I sleep I love
to be caught in the web of life...is it necessary to wade through this strife

I grow tired of being human...to go in never-ending circles is a chore I abhor

 
I want to be a rock, where it just is, I want to be a stone in a river bed
I want to not breath in air, but.....just....be.....there.....where the sun warms my surface
and to exist is my purpose

I want not to be human...I want not this thing called life....I want the ethereal, the surreal, the otherside of midnight
I lay within this hollow and question our world so shallow...a world of emotions of Tangaroa's stormy dark ocean

L.A. Maihi

No comments:

Post a Comment