Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

SIT AND THEN

TITAHI
L.A. Maihi 2010
nice to sit and let your fingers rest
along for the ride I am with the threading of the needle
I spy a queen and king but their crowns are far from clean
I stripe the cloth with a crowning scene

nice to sit and let your mind rest
I know the tick of the clock will catch me soon
but not if my line of sewing is upon the cloth of red
like a book this costume living dead

nice to sit and let your memories rest
the cotton has rested here before but is no more
the fabric is frayed and the edges are raw
it is in motion this Universal law





ALCYONE
L.A. Maihi 2012

nice to sit and let your heart rest
to much has gathered under my hands
they create and destroy with the flick of a wrist
they do as they want with Io in tryst

nice to sit and let your wairua rest
spliced into dimensions like dice
so many choices so many things to do
why is the question, why is it valuable to you

nice to sit and let your soul rest
fields are planted, crops are sown, what we do best
nice to rest your soul and let
it happen but then
a spark and big-bang theory again....

L.A. Maihi
17/09/2012

MEROPE
L.A. Maihi 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment